It's early morning and I'm working on some paperwork for our publishing program in the next year. We sent a book layout for proofreading yesterday and we have a couple more queries from new authors that I need to respond to before the day is out.
Also on our To Do list for the next few weeks and months:
- send the approved layout to the printer, check and approve the proof, etc.
- choose one of two companies we've settled on to help us get some of our titles converted to e-books
- make sure our non-fiction book layouts are up to date with the latest information before conversion to e-books
- choose which photos to incorporate and which to leave out of the e-book layouts, and make those changes
- make more inquiries of American publishers and distributors and at least one other jurisdiction to see if they will take a couple of our titles under their banner
- send some photos of recent book launches and signing events to the authors and others involved in those events
- fine-tune our strategy for upcoming trade shows and signings
- check in with our authors on their availability for promotion and signings in the next while
- Tweet about some upcoming events and see what else is going on in that 'universe'
- work through the 'learning curve' of a new accounting software program
- send contracts to a couple of new authors and illustrators
- talk with an illustrator about our hopes for a new book
- sneak in a little vacation and spend some time enjoying the summer in the company of loved ones