Publishing stories of fascinating Prairie People and Unsung Heroes

Welcome to the blog of Deana Driver - author, editor, and publisher of DriverWorks Ink, a book publishing company based in Saskatchewan. We publish stories of inspiring, fascinating Prairie people and unsung Canadian heroes - written by Prairie authors including Deana Driver. We also publish genres of healing and wellness, humour, children's fiction, and rural poetry. Visit our website to learn more about our books.

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Two Lines & Some Photos

So I feel like mixing it up a bit. Here's ONE LINE pertaining to our booksONE LINE about whatever comes to mind, and A FEW PHOTOS thrown in because I love photography. Enjoy!

I'm excited to join the inspiring eight-time cancer survivor Dionne Warner and her wingman/husband Graham tomorrow at Relay For Life in Lumsden, Saskatchewan to hear Dionne speak and then we'll all sign our Never Leave Your Wingman books!

Dionne & Graham Warner arriving at Relay For Life in Yorkton, SK last year.

I love this photo I snapped quickly from the car while we were coming home from Yorkton last June:


We have a contest on our DriverWorks Ink Facebook page that you can enter before June 4th - if you live in Canada - where we're giving away a Running Of The Buffalo and a The Little Coat book to celebrate Father's Day.

I dislike dandelions. Immensely. (I know that's two sentences, but it's still one line. Stupid dandelions.)


I love many other non-pungent flowers, however, including African violets that grow for me (above) and the brilliant hibiscus (below) which remind me of my mother and her green thumb.



If you are a TEACHER or a LIBRARIAN in or near one of the following communities and would like us to visit and speak about our books this fall (at no cost to you) - please contact me: Portage la Prairie, Brandon, Winnipeg, Prince Albert, Tisdale, Yorkton, Saskatoon, Rosetown, Weyburn, Estevan, Medicine Hat, Lethbridge, Calgary, Red Deer, Edmonton, Lloydminster. Email ddriver@sasktel.net with your ideas.

OK, that was more than one line - but we really want to hear from teachers and librarians as well as info about TRADE/CRAFT shows in those regions that we could attend... And I did throw in a few beautiful photos!


Shout out to Blondie's Gift and Garden Centre in Dunmore, Alberta - where the hibiscus above and the great signs below can be found!


This sign in particular made me smile. How often do we not recognize a sign when  it's in front of us?

It's raining here. I appreciate the rain's cleansing power... Less allergy problems and more greenery very soon!



I can hardly wait. Happy growing season, everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment