Publishing stories of fascinating Prairie People and Unsung Heroes

Welcome to the blog of Deana Driver - author, editor, and publisher of DriverWorks Ink, a book publishing company based in Saskatchewan. We publish stories of inspiring, fascinating Prairie people and unsung Canadian heroes - written by Prairie authors including Deana Driver. We also publish genres of healing and wellness, humour, children's fiction, and rural poetry. Visit our website to learn more about our books.

Monday, August 20, 2012

Our books are now E-books

A wonderful feeling of acomplishment and anxiety (surprise... I'm a writer!) came over me on Saturday afternoon while we were sitting at an outdoor barbecue with relatives. A woman we hadn't seen for years decided to type my name into her iPad to see if she could find any of the books I've written in an e-book form, because that is how she reads these days.

We had sent one of the books I've written and several of the other ones we've published to be converted and sold by different retailers. Temporarily forgetting the scheduled release dates for the e-books, I told her our titles would not be available as e-books until the end of the month.

Imagine my surprise when my name and my Never Leave Your Wingman book popped up in iBooks! Then Prairie Pilot popped up! It has my name prominently listed as editor because the author passed away years ago and I am the face of that inspiring book as well.

Imagine my further surprise when I realized it was August 18 and it had been a few weeks since I'd sent the files to be converted into e-books!

Holy moly! That was a little surreal!

I once again felt the type of excitement that overcomes authors when they see their newest book for the first time! All their hard work is there - in a published form before their eyes. All the possibilities stretch before them, and a little touch of fear seeps through them when they fleetingly wonder, 'What if no one reads my book?'

Ah, the life of a writer.

So after the barbecue (and an impromptu celebration dance because so many more people can now read these fabulous inspiring books), I went searching to see what other retailers are already selling our e-books.

We've converted these titles to e-books:
  • Never Leave Your Wingman: Dionne and Graham Warner's Story of Hope by Deana J. Driver (that's me!) (non-fiction)
  • The Little Coat: The Bob and Sue Elliott Story by Alan J. Buick (non-fiction)
  • Prairie Pilot: Lady Luck Was On My Side; The Stories of Walter D. William; Compiled and Edited by Deana J. Driver (non-fiction)
  • The Inquiring Reporter by Clay Stacey (non-fiction)
  • Letters to Jennifer From Maudie & Oliver by Sharon Gray (humour)
  • Seeds of Hope: A Prairie Story by Mary Harelkin Bishop (novel)
So far, Nook, iBooks and Copia are selling our e-books. Within the next few weeks, you will be able to purchase our e-books from these retailers as well: Kobo, Kindle, Blio, eBookPie, and Gardners Books.

So we hope you enjoy our work - in printed or electronic format. And keep on reading. It is one of the most delightful ways to learn and to expand your horizons.

Take care,

The publisher and author (now of an e-book, too!)


    



 





No comments:

Post a Comment