Publishing stories of fascinating Prairie People and Unsung Heroes

Welcome to the blog of Deana Driver - author, editor, and publisher of DriverWorks Ink, a book publishing company based in Saskatchewan. We publish stories of inspiring, fascinating Prairie people and unsung Canadian heroes - written by Prairie authors including Deana Driver. We also publish genres of healing and wellness, humour, children's fiction, and rural poetry. Visit our website to learn more about our books.

Friday, July 4, 2014

Radio Book Club podcast on writing and self-publishing




Have you ever wondered what would lead a Canadian journalist to become an author and book publisher? Well, here's your chance to find out how that happened for me.

Grab a snack and a beverage, then sit back and listen to this 26-minute podcast of a Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Radio Book Club interview.

I talk about my 35-year career as a writer; my 13-year career as an author and self-publisher/publisher; three of the five non-fiction books I've written (two of which are pictured below); our DriverWorks Ink publishing company; how prospective authors can bring their manuscripts to us for self-publishing services and advice; and near the end of the interview, I offer some tips to aspiring writers and authors.

I hope you enjoy the interview but more importantly, that you learn something from it.

My work seems to be leading me more and more into an aspect of teaching and helping people either help themselves or help others by sharing their stories. Sometimes that means that they are the author of their book. Sometimes, someone else writes their story, as I did with Never Leave Your Wingman, about amazing seven-time cancer survivor Dionne Warner and her wingman husband Graham Warner.

I believe that we can all learn from and teach others, and we can all benefit from being nurtured spiritually, emotionally and mentally. In the toughest of situations, we Prairie people, in particular, work together to overcome obstacles and reach our goals. Through humour and love, we can grow and we can heal.

What a fun job I have!

After you listen to the podcast, please let me know what you think.

Did I answer all YOUR questions?

What else would you like to know?

I hope to hear from you...


These are three of the four books I spoke about in the interview:
(Just a Bunch of Farmers is out of print, but available from Weyburn Inland Terminal.)

   

No comments:

Post a Comment